- Novice/development crew boats may not boat alone or unaccompanied.
- Senior crew boats should go out with either a buddy boat or a person on the bank.
- A single sculler may not boat alone. (exceptions may be granted by the club captain based on the criteria of proficiency and water temperature)
- All coxes, steers and single scullers must carry a mobile phone with all emergency numbers in a waterproof container attached to their person.
- If the captains/coaches believe there is a high risk of a boat capsizing it may not go beyond the 1500m mark and it must be accompanied at all times.
- If the captains/coaches believe there is a moderate risk of a boat capsizing it may not go beyond the 1000m mark and it must be accompanied at all times.
All boats must comply with the circulation pattern set out by the LRC.
Anyone who does not comply with these rules will need to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Club Captain that they understand the rules before they are permitted to boat again.