If you are reading this, you are either a member or were a member of Curlew Rowing Club, if not, I hope you like the sport of rowing otherwise you may need to find a new read. This book has been written over 2020 and 2021, which has been a truly bizarre period of history for our club and for our club membership – thanks to Covid, which has meant all on and off water activities associated with our club being cancelled. However, it has allowed our membership to spend time writing their stories down into this “informal history” of Curlew Rowing Club. Before I start, I have to pay special thank you to Peter Blaseby, and the Alumni team of Paul Maloney, John Brunton and Tim Cooper-Jones who have been very persistent in getting these stories from people from across the ages, and compiling the stories into this fantastic edition, hopefully the first of many. To read the book, please click on the chapters below.
- Chapter 1 – The Early days of Curlew (Page 0-21)
- Chapter 2 – Post WW2 renaissance with Juniors (Page 22-75)
- Chapter 3 – Curlew 1980s – 2021 (Page 76-114)
- Chapter 4 – 2011 to 2020 Further development after Ray (Page 115-175)
- Chapter 5 – The Women of Curlew (Page 176-187)
- Chapter 6 – Curlew’s home (Page 188-211)
- Appendix – Members photos from 1956-1985